The Stimulus bill provided almost 300 Billion in tax breaks and incentives. Make sure you are taking using all of the tax incentives that you are eligible for. I provided a list below and also a link to a tax calculator that determines whether or not you are eligible for these deductions.
Here is a list of items you may be eligible for:
1. New Vehicle Purchases - In addition to 'cash for clunkers', you can deduct state & local sales taxes paid on new vehicle purchases
2. Family Credits - some families with children may be eligible for an increase under the Earned Income Tax Credit and the additional Child Tax Credit.
3. Unemployement benefits - if you received unemployement in 2009, the first $2400 is tax free.
4. Home energy improvements - there is up to $1500 tax credit for making your home more energy efficient
5. First time home buyers - Tax credit of up to $8000 for first time home buyers who purchase before April 30, 2010
6. College expenses - there is a potential tax credit of up to $2500
7. 'making work pay' - tax credit of $400 for individuals or $800 for couples
Again, you don't need to try and figure this out, the white house website has a tax calculator to help you determine what your are eligible for: